The Fish Market is a conference for anyone involved in the work on fish migration, fish passage and restoration. It will be hosted as a workshop and the main theme will be best practices and innovations for the protection of downstream migration. During the Fish Market 2016 there are possibilities to listen to lectures, increase your network, meet hydropower companies, governmental agencies and consultants. You are also able to meet with exhibitors such as dealers of relevant products and services. On both days guided excursions are organized to the fish migration facilities of the ECI power plant in Roermond in the River.
The following themes are the main subjects for the fish market 2016:
- Screening, bypasses & fish guidance techniques
- Decreasing fish mortality in turbines
- Policy and legislation for hydropower plants
- Optimizing knowledge dissemination
- Telemetry monitoring techniques
- Criteria to define fish passage efficiency
This Fish Market in the Netherlands will be organized by the International Commission for the Projection of the Rhine (ICPR) regional water authority Roer and Overmaas and the World Fish Migration Foundation (WFMF).
Sandra Chevret, email@example.com